Alignment Health Plan is taking action to ensure that cost does not inhibit our members' access to medically necessary screening and testing for COVID-19. As such, Alignment Health Plan is waiving cost-sharing (including, but not limited to, copays, deductibles or coinsurance) to zero for medically necessary screening and testing for COVID-19. The Social Security Administration has also announced that Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit payments will continue to be paid on time during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are an Alignment Health Plan member and are unable to access care from your doctors or other health care providers due to issues related to COVID-19, please know:
- You may receive medically necessary services from any available Medicare-certified provider or facility. This includes providers and facilities outside the medical group that you are assigned to with Alignment Health Plan.
- You do not need to obtain a prior authorization from your medical group or Alignment Health Plan in order to receive medically necessary services. Please be sure to use only Medicare-certified providers and facilities. You may do this by asking the provider or facility whether it participates in the Medicare program, which it must do to be Medicare-certified.
- You will pay the same amount as you would pay for receiving the same services through your regular medical group and/or doctor when receiving care from out-of-network Medicare-certified providers and facilities.
- We are waiving prescription refill limits so that you can receive the prescriptions you need when you need them.
- Some restrictions on home or mail delivery of prescription drugs are being relaxed.
- We are expanding access to certain telehealth services so you can connect with a doctor in the safety and comfort of your own home.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
- For non-life-threatening care, please contact your primary care doctor (listed on your member ID card), contact Teladoc at 1-844-227-6955 or call our ACCESS On-Demand Concierge team at 1-833-242-2223, TTY 711, so we can help you get the care and services you need. ACCESS On-Demand Concierge services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Once the declared State of Emergency has ended, the temporary changes stated above will also end. Please check our website regularly for updates during this time. For more information about Alignment Health Plan's disaster policy, please click here.